Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Posted by: Shivansh Verma // @MrShivanshVerma | Wednesday, June 10, 2015 Labels: Blogger Optimization
So today, to help newbie bloggers to select only necessary, useful and meaningful meta tags for their blogger blog, I am here posting most important meta tags for blogger which are advanced and SEO friendly and are required to rank your post to the first page of Google search.
Most Important Meta Tags To Rank Your Blog:So here, I am sharing 5 most important meta tags which are required to take your blog to the next level.
- Description Meta Tag:- As the name of this meta tag cleared what is the means of this meta tag. Sometimes, Google Bots crawl wrong description of Blogger blogs and to correct it, Bloggers use this meta tag. To add this meta tag in your blog, just add this line below ‘<head>’ tag.
And now after it, follow these steps:
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Settings > Search preference
- Look at Meta Description heading and write your blog’s description on the box after clicking on ‘Edit’ link.
- Save it.
- Now when you create a post, a new column named ‘Search Description’ will show in which, you have to add your post’s 160 words short description.
- Image Meta Tag:- Did you ever typed your blog’s homepage address on facebook? and facebook showed wrong logo as preview. Right? To show right logo of your blog on social sites, you can use this meta tag:
<meta content='YOUR_BLOG’S_IMAGE_URL' itemprop='image'/>
<meta content='YOUR_BLOG’S_IMAGE_URL' property='og:image:src'/>
- Title Tag for Social Sites:- Many times, when bloggers type or paste their blog’s URL on Facebook or Google+, they get same title for all their blog’s page. To fix this, Bloggers use title tags. If you also having this issue, then place this meta tag below ‘<head>’ tag in your template:
<meta expr:content='data:blog.title' property='og:site_name'/>
<meta expr:content='data:blog.pageTitle' property='og:title'/>[/code]
- Author Tag:- This meta tag allows social sites to display right author name on Status Updates or link shares on Facebook. Your name will be get written when you share any your blog’s link. Like if you share Blogger Guiders' any post, ‘By Shivansh Verma’ will get written after blog’s URL automatically. To add this meta tag, just use below met tag:
- Viewport Meta Tag:- If you want to make your blog’s template responsive, then you have to add this viewport meta tag in your template. So it would load all CSS Media Queries. To add it, simply just add this code below ‘<head>’ in your template: